Three festive cocktail ideas

With the holidays coming up - finally something positive happening in 2020! - I thought you might need some inspiration for creative, yummy and very easy pre-dinner drinks to pair with similarly easy and light appetizers. I love this part of celebrating almost more than the actual dinner - coming together, talking, snacking, listening to music, touring the house... long live the aperitif tradition!

Fist up is my (re)discovery of 2020, Lillet. Lillet is an aromatized wine from Bordeaux and after trying all possible variations I found online, I settled for the fresh squeezed grapefruit. It's very healthy, after all!😀Fill a wine glass with ice, pour 1-2 oz Lillet blanc and add the juice of one grapefruit. Garnish with mint!



Secondly, another citrus pairing: Campari and fresh squeezed orange juice, plus ice cubes. I prefer more juice than Campari, because this Italian liqueur is bitter, so I use about 2 oranges per 1 ounce, you might like it differently. Serve in a tumbler.



My last idea is an adaptation of Reese Witherspoon's holiday drink I found on her Instagram. (I removed the ice and soda). I could not not try it out because it contains my favorite liqueur, Aperol! In equal parts, mix together apple cider, Aperol and sparkling wine. It's the sweetest version of all three drinks, and really fun.


 

For more drink recipes, click here and here.

Have a wonderful and relaxed holiday season!

Talk you you soon, J.

0 Comments