Public Art in the DFW area

Public art is pretty, fun and free. In times like these, it's the best excuse to go outside - it's all about seeing something new, getting inspired, taking photos and staying safe! Here are my favorite places to look at contemporary installations, sculptures and murals around the DFW area in Texas:

Dallas

1) Design District
This is such a vibrant and cool part of town! It really makes you want to buy all the art, furniture and vintage stuff you can get and then go into every gallery... But even driving along N Riverfront Blvd is exciting nowadays because you can look for new murals and installations.



2) Deep Ellum
If you live in Dallas, you have probably more than one photo on your phone of you in front of a colorful mural, am I right? They disappear rather quickly so it's nice to look back at them later on. This is one of my all time favorites, spotted at Commerce Street.




3) Main Street
My favorite piece of contemporary art in all of Dallas is ‘The Eye’ by Tony Tasset. I still remember my first night out here, how I convinced my newly made acquaintances to go to the Midnight Rambler so we could be close to that huge realistic eye sculpture that I've only seen on Instagram before. I think I go by and take a picture of it every time I'm in the area.
Tony Tassel


4) Pioneer Plaza
I bring everyone who visits me to this place, because it is quintessential Texas - a huge field full of life-size cattle sculptures. Yet all I have of this grandeur is this photo of my dog, I’m very sorry 🙈



Plano:
the town's historic district has murals and sculptures, but my favorite spot is this gorgeous set of 5 murals with hand gestures by Spanish artist Adrian Torres at Legacy Central.



Frisco:
The Texas Sculpture Garden is a remarkable place. A park with numerous sculptures by renown contemporary artists that's ideal for strolling or working outside. There is even an app to follow the stories behind the art works.


McKinney:
The Historic Downtown has a very artsy vibe and is perfect for window shopping, especially at the Last Art Gallery (that has works by great artists like Robin Perdero, last seen here).


Do you have more amazing places to fill my list?

Talk to you soon,

J.
 

0 Comments